The Ways Of WolfSpirits
WolfSpirits Rules & Ways~ In Spirit, We Are Free ~
Welcome to the rules and ways of WolfSpirits. With all things, boundaries are set to ensure safety, happiness and provide a comfortable environment. No matter what one is involved in there will always be a set of rules to follow. Please be mindful of them and ensure that you not only read them but also understand and follow them.
1. Do the rules apply to -everyone- even Newbies?
- Yes. The rules apply to everyone. That is why the rules are set.
2. What happens if I send in my application to join the pack and I've not read the rules?
- Its rather noticeable when someone doesn't read the pack rules. We ask that you take the time to read the below and become familiar with them. We like to ensure that there is a 'understanding' environment within Wolf Spirits. This is accompanied by reading the rules, and it also ensures you know more about the pack you are about to join. It is important if you are to join the pack to know what works and goes on with the pack, and the rules and knowing the rules are -very- important.
3. What happens if I break a rule?
- It depends on what rule is broken. For minor offenses there will be minimal punishment. Punishment will fit the wrong doing.
4. What if a packmember breaks a rule?
- Inform the ALPHA/BETA as soon as you can.
5. Do I need to get mIRC to Role Play with you?
- It isn't necessary but we highly recommend mIRC Because it is customizable! You can use our free java chat client here.
6. Can I join your pack and be in another pack as well?
- No. Our pack is a ONE family wolf pack. This means that you can NOT join WolfSpirits if you are already a member / soon to be member of another wolf pack on irc. You are however welcome to role play (or join) a pack that is strictly forum rpg / board rpg.
New Wolves / Visiting Wolves
Join the OOC channel #Ws_OOC to ask more about whats going on and what you should do. Make sure that you read the pack rules.
- ° Read the Rules
- ° Ask Questions! everyone is here to help. No question is stupid ( trust me, we've heard em all)
- ° Dont disrespect the rules
- ° If you wish to join the pack please see the join page for our application and fill it out.
Wolves Visiting From Another PackWe do not mind other wolves visiting our pack if you belong to another. It keeps companionship wide spread and alliances met. We gladly accept visiting members of other packs. You don't have to be a member to visit our pack, we accept anyone who's wanting to share their time with WolfSpirits. There are only a few small things we ask in return for your humble company within the clearing.
- ° PLEASE do not advertise your pack/channel/clearing while in WolfSpirits.
- ° DO NOT recruit other wolves into your channel/pack. This will result in a ban. We love your company, its always welcomed, but not if you just sit there, don't role play but get interested in the wolves not joined with a pack. Your a -visitor-. We don't expect our members to go into your clearing and do the same.
Example: Don't befriend visiting wolves to Wolfspirits (those not joined with wolfspirits or not joining wolfspirits but looking around) and invite them to your pack/channel so they could possibly join yours.
- If someone asks IC or OOC for you to actually take them to see your pack, then your more then welcome to. but THEY must offer it not you.
- ° Just visit the pack and have fun strengthening your bond with the members.
- ° Read the pack ways/rules so you can better conduct yourself while visiting, ensuring your not breaking any rules.
- ° Please leave other pack drama at the door. Unless it directly involves us please don't bring it to our pack channels let alone IC (In Character).
NOTE: Members, assessments and pledges are responsible for reading and understanding the pack rules. If you have a question, please contact the Alpha.
AdvertisingDO NOT POST..
1. Other Wolf Pack channel(s) ( Not related to WolfSpirits )
2. Other Wolf Pack Websites ( Unless requested by a packmember )
3. Links to religious or political sites ( if you are discussing something with another individual please take it to PM if you cannot be an adult and discuss it maturely in OOC )
4. Sexual related websites = Automatic Ban
1. Wolf Related articles/links/videos
2. Pack related (WolfSpirits)
If you advertise ON PURPOSE you will be kicked if it violates the DO NOT POST section. If you are asked to stop the discussion and you presist you WILL be kicked.
Idleing1. Put your nick as AWAY/BRB/AFK etc. if you are going to be away for a lengthy period of time. ie: 2 hours or more
2. Pack Members / Assessments / Pledges are allowed to idle but put your nick AWAY
3. If you idle for more then 1 day you will be kicked. You can rejoin the channel when you're ready to participate.
Fantasy / MagicNot Allowed
A wolf cannot have wings or magic elements. You must be a real wolf (including keeping in the guidelines of a real wolf such as weight/eye color/fur color etc). If you come into the clearing and you are playing a fantasy or magic character you will be kindly asked to leave and/or change your character to a wolf. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a kick.
There is no stopping the world around the pack. This includes human and wolf interaction. Usually the only time the pack experiences any interaction with humans is during a story line setup by the Alpha and/or Beta. If you want to role play a human, you need to first talk to the Alpha and/or Beta to get "OK" as long as it fits into current role play.
CriticizingCriticizing is NOT welcome within the Clearing (unless it is constructive ie: helpful). If you have something to say please approach the alpha and or beta about it or keep it to yourself. Do not remark it within the clearing. We are all equals. You are not here to judge the pack, your here to enjoy the pack so keep your rude remarks and criticism to yourself. You can be kicked for rude remarks, especially towards the members of the pack.
If you have the undying need to express yourself do it in PM to the Alpha/Beta.
Role Playing Other AnimalsAllowed
1. Wolves will act to that animal accordingly
2. Faliure to adhere to the packs reaction towards your animal will result in a kick
3. Please note that whatever animal you choose to bring in the pack will respond to it as it would in the wild. Your character runs the risk of being run out or killed. You've been warned.
Approval Needed: ( you must get approval from the Alpha/Beta before playing large animals )
* Any other large animal
ClonesClone: Creating/Having multiple characters other then your main character. Also known as an ALT.
Clones Per Character: 3 ( any higher you must get approval )
You may not join another pack with a clone.
Attendance - For Packmembers / Assessments / PledgesThe Wolf Spirits pack is a serious pack when it comes to family. With that the pledge/assessment period(s) are taken seriously. We rely highly on the devotion of a wolf and how much of that devotion is showed to the pack by attendance.
Below are a few tips on how you can keep from being dropped as a packmember, assessment or pledge due to inactivity.
Show your dedicated by being with the pack as much as you possibly can. Humans take over our wolven lives, that's understandable, but attendance is key if you want to advance as quickly as you can to become a member. The more your there, the more we know you, and the closer you get to becoming family. This is the biggest factor that determines if a wolf showed be dropped. We cannot stress this enough.
Devotion - being present within the clearing your able to grow bonds with the wolves of WolfSpirits and to your future home. Devotion is looked highly upon when deciding when to drop a wolf due to absence.
Going Some Where? TELL THE ALPHA! The worst thing you could possibly do is disappear on a five year trip and not tell anyone. Its common curtsey to tell someone when you are going somewhere. If you have to go somewhere for a long period of time, -please- notify someone about your being gone. If not the Alpha(s) or Beta(s) at least a packmember. There's no excuse for not telling SOMEONE that your going to be gone. It may take a little while, if you don't have access to the internet, but send a memo, an email, something to let the leadership know you will be gone so you wont be placed as an ELOA. (scroll down to see more on eloa's)
Internet Problems - It happens to all of us. If you can please let the Alpha and/or Beta know of your issue in any form you can. If you can't get a hold of someone then just explain your reason for being gone when you return.
Requesting A LOA (Leave Of Absence)This is when a wolf/mun knows when their going to be gone from the pack, irc or the internet for a long period of time. A LOA can be requested and is HIGHLY recommended if you know you will be gone or any given amount of time from the clearing or internet. Wolves will be placed as in-active after 2 months due to an Unexplained loa. A LOA is not only courteous but it keeps the Alpha(s) and/or Beta(s) informed of where you are and are aware that you are gone so you will not be placed as InActive. To request a LOA you must consult the Alpha(s) and/or Beta(s). This can be through memo, email or online (IRC).
ULOA (Unexcused Leave Of Absence):
Drop Time Frame
Pack Member: Missing for 6 months without word (see below for details)
Assessment: Missing for 2 months without word
Pledge: Missing for 2 weeks without word
A wolf is placed as a ELOA when he/she has not been seen,heard from, or made contact with for over 3 months. One month after a wolf is placed as a ELOA they will be dropped from their current rank/position. If a packmember is placed as a ELOA and looses a rank they will have the chance, depending on the circumstances, to return to full status, but he/she MUST speak to the Alpha(s). An Assessment/Pledge may also request to re-join but further evaluation and determination of where placement will continue is up to the Alpha(s).
ELOA ( Extended Leave Of Absence )Missing for more then 3 months
If you are a pack member there is greater leniency as to how long you can be gone for without notice and not get a ELOA. A packmember will be placed on a ELOA if he/she has been 'missing/inactive' for more then 3 months without any word to the Alpha(s) , Beta(s) and/or Packmember(s). There's no excuse for not telling someone your going to be gone for a long period of time ( unless something happened that prevented you to do so such as a IRL happenstance or not in your control ).
To become active again, you must speak to your alpha(s). Below is the consiquences of being placed on a ELOA.
* Drop of Rank and moved to Subordinate or possibly Omega
* Dropped off the Members Page and moved to Lost Spirits Page
* Depending on the length of your ELOA you may be moved down to Assessment and have to re-join
* Dropped down to Pledge
* Removed from Assessment page and back to Pledge
* Removed from being a pledge. If you're a Pledge and gone for more then 1 month without any word you will automatically be dropped
ELOA For Assessments:
As an Assessment it is your responsibility to show that you desire to join the WolfSpirits pack and with that attendance is vital to your advancing to packmember. If an assessment is 'missing' within the time period of 2 months, he/she will be dropped down to pledge. Another month after, if he/she has not shown up in the clearing, sent a memo to the alpha(s) or beta(s) about their LOA, or an email has not been received he/she will be dropped from pledge and asked to re-assess if they should show.
Considering the WolfSpirits pack is a large pack and we adore all wolves who desire to be apart of it, the pledge period isn't -as- serious as the Assessment period. Thus if a pledge has not been heard from within 2 weeks then he/she will be dropped from pledge status. Should he/she wish to rejoin as pledge, they are more then welcome and we will humbly accept the request to rejoin.
Taelia - The Hunting BotHunting Channel: #Battalia
Hunting in the clearing IS permitted. Visiting wolves/pledges can only hunt SMALL animals such as rabbit, squirrels, mice etc. If you wish to hunt something larger like a deer or elk then a pack member must accompany you with the rank of Lead Hunter or by the Alpha and/or Beta. There is NO over hunting within the clearing. You hunt what you need.
Hunting Bot Rules
!info = Gives you you're wolf's stats
!stats WolfName = Gives you stats on another wolf ie: !stats Kovo
] = Sniffs small prey
]] = Sniffs medium prey (only members of the pack can use this)
]]] = Sniffs large prey (only the Alpha/Beta/Lead Hunter can use this)
!hunt (animal name) = This will activate the hunt. ie: !hunt Hare
,, = Attacks the animal
* You get HP (Hit/Health Points) and EXP (Experience) points within the bot. All wolves start at 12HP and 100EXP (if your a member)
* You gain EXP (Experience) points by hunting or sparring
2. 0 HP's (Dying in the bot)
* Though we try to keep a record of who is on a LOA or not its hard to keep track of all the wolves so it is YOUR responsibility to be active in the bot and keep your HP's up. Your HP will lower 1hp every day. This means if you're going to be on a LOA or be gone from the pack for a long period of time PLEASE TELL THE ALPHA OR PM THE BOT TO BE PUT ON A LOA.
* 0hp means you're 'dead' in the bot but not IC. However the consiquences for reaching 0hp in the bot gets you banned from the bot for 1 week. This means you will not be re-added or allowed to use it to hunt or participate in hunts. You must keep in mind it is a daunting task and very frustrating to have to keep restoring people in the bot when they reach 0hps. You should keep ontop of your wolf in the bot or request not to be added.
0 HP = 1 week
-2 HP = 2 weeks
-5 hp = 3 weeks
-10hp = 1 month
-15hp = Removal from the bot until you can return
3. Role Playing Out The Hunt
* Make sure when you're role playing out the hunt you role play out each of your rolls.
* Post your attack -> Roll -> Post your action (ie: what happened. Did you hit it? did the animal hit you? did you miss?)
* Kovo keeping alongside the Elk she would eye another opening. The potential prey was fast but she was faster and having the upper hand in weakening the creature she would press her luck. Without warning she would tense her muscles and leap for the left exposed shoulder!
* Kovo ,,
(Taelia) Kovo rolls 12,18
(Taelia) The Elk kicks at Kovo but misses
(Taelia) Kovo hits the elk for (-2hp)
(Taelia) The Elk has 15hps left
* Kovo as she got a solid hit on the shoulder she would feel her teeth sink into flesh. Ripping her head around she would feel the blood run down the edges of her muzzle. Satisified she would drop back down and continue to press on after the Elk.
4. The Kill
After the kill is made it is posted in the TOPIC where the kill is located if not dragged back to the clearing. Sometimes it is dragged back to the clearing and somtimes it is left where it was hunted because realisticly wolves will hunt for miles on end for prey and can't drag a 1k+ pound animal back to the others.
Courting / Mateship
Having a Court / MateYou court a wolf first before you can become mates. If you wish to court another wolf then you must have the permission from the Alpha(s). To request to be courted to another wolf just PM/Email/Memo the Alpha for permission. You can also request this IC (In Character). You will be announced as courts through a ceremony at the next scheduled meeting.
Courts: Wolves who are 'courting' another wolf. This is considered the "dateing" period where you find out whether or not you wish to truly be mates with this wolf.
Mates: Wolves who are named a mated pair after going through the 'courtship' phase. Mateship is granted upon two wolves by the Alpha and only then can they become "mates".
Pups: If you wish to have pups (breeding season: Feb - May) you have to have the permission of the Alpha. No exceptions. If you're wolf has pups without permission from the Alpha then your pups fate will be decided by the alpha and you could run the risk of being run out of the pack or demoted. This is a serious offense and will not be handled lightly.